Permits request

Doing some renovation or construction work on your property? Want to put in a swimming pool or a garden shed in your yard? The first step is to obtain a permit from the Urban Planning Department.

See the table below to have an idea of the work requiring a permit.

Changing the structure of a building
New facilities and outdoor landscaping Pool installation
Enlargement Permanent car shelter In-ground pool
Fireplace and chimney Fence Above ground pool
Demolition Porch Spa
Doors and windows Garage -
Various renovations Low wall -
Works on foundation Patio -

Paving or parking entrance expansion




Works near watercourses

  • Why do you need a permit?

    The purpose of obtaining a permit is to make sure your project adheres to all municipal by-laws. For every type of project, there are certain standards that must be met to ensure a harmonious urban environment. The inspector-technician’s job is to help you make your plans a reality.

    The inspector-technician will ensure that your work meets all Town standards related to zoning, architecture, construction quality and environmental protection. He or she will also explain all the documents you need to complete your request for a permit.

    If you start a project without a permit, you may receive a ticket. To avoid this situation, contact an inspector-technician right at the start.

  • Parking permit - Boat ramp

    To use the boat ramp parking lot, you must obtain an annual permit from the Urban Planning Department.

    This free permit ensures exclusive use of the parking lot for Pincourt residents. Only Pincourt residents are allowed to park their cars and watercraft trailers in parks with boat ramps.

    How to obtain a permit :

    You must provide the trailer's registration certificate number (green paper, on which the number begins with R) and proof of residence to the Urban Planning Department.  

    You can provide this information either by:

    The certificate will then be issued and delivered in your mailbox within a few days.

    Have on hand:

    • Proof of residency
    • Trailer registration certificate


  • Permits and licenses (PerLE)

    PerLE service liststhe necessary permits and licences to operate a business in Quebec.

    These permits are issued by one or other of the levels of government:

    • federal ;

    • provincial ;

    • municipal.

    Access to PerLE:

  • Obtaining a permit

    Before you start work …

    Before starting work, call the Town Hall to speak to an inspector-technician. If necessary, you can also make an appointment. Plan on at least two weeks to receive your permit.

    Make an appointment: 514 453-8981, ext. 332 or 333, or

     When your permit is ready, you will be notified by phone or e-mail so that you can pick it up at Town Hall. You will also have to pay the associated fees at the taxation counter.

    The inspector-technician will tell you how much the permit costs. Fees vary depending on the type of work.

    During your project …

    Post your permit in plain sight throughout the work period.

    After work is completed …

    When your project is completed, contact your inspector-technician again to notify him or her that the work is done.

    Depending on the nature of your project, an inspection may be carried out to ensure it meets all requirements, especially when building or installing a swimming pool.

  • Compliance with by-laws and complaints

    Is your neighbour’s grass too long? Is smoke from an outdoor fire disturbing you? Or is your neighbour making too much noise? You can file a complaint for non-compliance with municipal by-laws with the Urban Planning Department.

    If you wish to make a complaint, call Town Hall and speak to an inspector-technician. Your complaint must be related to a municipal by-law.

    Complaint follow-up process:

    1. After your complaint has been filed, the inspector-technician will inspect the situation on-site.
    2. If the inspector-technician finds that the by-law has indeed been broken, he or she will issue a first notice setting out a deadline by which the situation must be rectified.
    3. If the situation hasn’t changed by the deadline, the inspector-technician will issue a notice of violation and indicate a final deadline.
    4. If nothing has been done by the end of the final deadline, the inspector-technician will issue a ticket (a fine).
  • Limits on the inspector-technician’s role

    It is very important to distinguish between the role of the inspector-technician and that of the police. The inspector-technician is not a peace officer. Instead, he or she only ensures that municipal by-laws and urban development standards are respected.

    On the other hand, the GARDA Team works with the Urban Planning Department to prevent vandalism in the parks and the streets of Pincourt, to make the town safer for all. Officers may, for example, issue an infringement notice for loitering, vandalism, regulated parking and watering.

    If your complaint concerns a matter of peace, security or loitering, contact the Sûreté du Québec. Only the provincial police force has the authority to take action in these types of situations.

    The Sûreté du Québec is also responsible for enforcing harmonized municipal by-laws, some of which are shared by the 23 municipalities in the Vaudreuil-Soulanges RCM. They include, for example, the by-law on overnight parking.

    Sûreté du Québec
    450 424-1212

    Emergencies: 9-1-1