Unidirectional flushing of the water system is carried out to dislodge any deposits in water lines and ensure the quality of water throughout the system. In the long run, an accumulation of deposits can reduce flow and water pressure in the water system, making an annual flush very important.
To clean the water system, the speed of water circulation in the lines is increased through the strategic manipulation of fire hydrants and water main valves.
Starting: September 20
Duration: +/- 8 weeks
Flushing between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Disruptions to be expected :
- Decrease in water pressure
- Water coloring
- Be sure to check the color of your water before use.
- Avoid washing your clothes during flushing hours.
- Let the water run until it becomes clear. Repeat the process with all the plumbing in your home.
- The inconveniences should go away on their own after the flushing.